Central Alberta Freestyle Ski Club is looking for our next Head Coach! We are currently looking for a leader who can help develop and build our club program of 25 athletes and take it to the next level. Our athletes are aged 10 to 17 whose goals include competing at national and provincial level, and those who are developing and building their skills.
Based in Red Deer, Alberta, Central Alberta Freestyle Ski Club is focused on learning and building new skills in a fun, safe environment training at their home ski hill, Canyon Ski Resort as well as focussed training where necessary. Canyon Ski Resort is hosting the 2019 Canada Winter Games and will also be hosting Canada Cup events in 2018!
Central Alberta Freestyle Ski Club believes that ongoing coach training and development is key to the team’s success and we actively support our coaches to be trained along the Freestyle Canada standards and NCCP.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume via email to Jodi Neish, Director of Training, firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 403.304.0669. We will review applications as soon as we receive them.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You are an experienced, passionate and fun freestyle ski coach who is committed and accountable to actively guiding athletes and his or her team of coaches on how to improve and perform at their best in freestyle skiing.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy building rapport with athletes, coaches and parents and the community.
- You have outstanding knowledge of freestyle skiing with proven coaching skills.
- You have the commitment and ability to entice and activate our athletes’ ability in moguls, pipe & park and all mountain terrain using the Freestyle Canada Athlete pathway.
- You enjoy the creation and execution of a program based on an athlete’s ability and follow the LTAD model of coaching.
- You enjoy travelling to some of the best ski areas around Alberta, BC, and beyond; skiing some of the best mountain terrain in the world.
- You have Freestyle Canada and NCCP certifications as outlined below and proven coaching and competition experience.
- You are keen on safety and respect in the environment that we are playing in.
- Lead with strong communication and coaching skills to develop and provide consistent high quality training for athletes and coaches to achieve excellence in the sport of freestyle skiing.
- Winter on snow at Canyon Ski Resort in beautiful Red Deer, Alberta – this central Alberta ski hill is proud to be hosting the 2019 Canada Winter Games and 2 Canada Cup events in 2018!
- Summer training in Whistler, full access to water ramping facility in Red Deer and other dryland training.
- Trampoline training along with fitness and conditioning
- Design and implement training in competitive and recreational programs for athletes of all abilities within Central Alberta Freestyle Ski Club.
- Represent Central Alberta Freestyle Ski Club at competitions and other events throughout the season. Work with board members, families and other stakeholders.
- Standard first aid with CPR/AED Level C or the willingness to pick that up.
Other duties to include:
- Working along-side team coaches to support the program, planning and scheduling, communications with the team’s families, board of directors and Freestyle Alberta and managing expenses to meet a described budget. Collect and submit expenses from all supporting coaches in a timely manner.
- Respect personal growth and mentor best health and safety practices for our club members.
- Be active in the development of the freestyle skiing sport discipline in the Alberta Freestyle Skiing Association and the Freestyle Canada.
Qualifications & Skills
CFSA specific coach modules that are required:
- Club Coach
- Air 1 & 2 on Trampoline
- Air 3 a & b Water Ramp and Air Bag
- Air 4 a & b Acrobatics on Snow
- TSM 1
- TSM 2 Moguls
- Park & Half Pipe
- Air doubles on Tramp and Snow an asset
Coaching attributes that are desired:
- Knowledge of Sport Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development Program.
- Proven freestyle skiing background as an athlete and coach.
- Ability to build mogul courses and jump sites for training.
We understand that potential applicants may not have all the above Freestyle Canada certifications, however we are open to discussions about how these can be achieved to support our club’s goals. Salary will be negotiated with the best candidate.