FUNDAMENTALZ – Formerly Jumps + Bumps
Ages 6 -12
Requirements: Skis, Flexible Boots, Poles, Helmet
FUNdamentalz introduces freestyle terrain and skills in fun and safe progressions for entry level skiers. Saturday mornings are spent discovering new abilities on the slopes of Canyon Ski Resort in a program that is all about fun. FUNdamentalz is a Freestyle Canada grassroots developmental program, which focuses on allowing athletes to develop their basic freestyle ski skills. It also provides kids with the opportunities to learn and develop their all around ski skills, which are necessary for navigating runs on their own.
Our coaches are trained and passionate about developing well-rounded, confident skiers. Our goal is to show kids their potential and kindle a passion for the sport of freestyle skiing. Along with developing freestyle ski skills, athletes also learn to respect the terrain on which they train and the etiquette required when skiing. And yes, the rumours are true – there is definitely candy on the slopes.
- There is flexibility within the 8-12 week session plans to adapt to varying skill levels of participants and weather conditions.
- This program offers 1/2 day Saturday programs starting on December 9 and ending on March 3 or 10.
- Program fee = $300 per child
- Plus – 1 Bingo/Fundraising commitment ($200.00)
Minimum requirements for entry into Jumps and Bumps
- be able to load and ride chairlift unassisted
- be able to make small, medium and long round turns
- be able to match skis (i.e. not remain in a snow plow) on a green run
- be able to keep balance and link turns in small bumps and powder
- 9 scheduled sessions, weather dependent, guaranteed 26 hour minimum
- Certified coaching at Canyon Ski Resort, starting early December to late February
- Saturday 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- To provide young skiers with a FUN and challenging introduction to the FUNdamental skills of skiing and each of the disciplines of Freestyle;
- To instill in young skiers an appreciation of the techniques of safe, enjoyable Freestyle skiing;
- To measure skill development and reward the achievement of participants.
CAN FREESTYLE STAGE: LEARN TO TRAIN
8 – 13+
Skiers acquire more advanced skiing skills and learn a variety of tricks and spins. Coaches are trained through the NCCP certified SUPERCOACH courses to develop skills in Slopestyle/Terrain Park * Tramp/Acrobatics * Halfpipe * Moguls * Skiing * Fitness.
Coaches plan their season to create optimal skill progression and to prepare for club and provincial (Timber Tour) competitions. Athletes and coaches use the Freestylerz Goal book to plan to accomplish personal skills goals. Athletes who master all of the skills in the Goal Book are prepared to succeed in national level events in the future. Coaches will create a Freestylerz report, and training recommendations for skiers at the end of the season.
- This program is a 1.5 day program starting on December 9, ending approx March 24 +/-
- Dry land training program from October – November included in program fee.
- Program fee = $1050 per athlete
- Plus Fundraising commitment of: 2 bingo commitment ($400 value)
Certified coaching at Canyon Ski Resort, starting early January to late March
- Saturday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- One Club Competition, date TBD
- One big mountain day ski trip
- Canyon Ski Resort Lift Tickets
- CFSA (Canadian Freestyle Ski Association) Membership
- Registration fee for Club Competition
- Disbursement fees for Mountain trip, TBD
CAN FREESTYLE STAGE: TRAIN TO TRAIN
We are currently in the prosess of bulding a BRAND NEW Can Free program for the 2018/2019 season. Keep an eye on this page for further informaton.