Information on our 2019/2020 Winter Programs
REGISTRATION OPENS SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2019
In order to register you must have a current membership and insurance from Alberta Freestyle.
The following link will take you to Alberta Freestyle membership registration: http://freestyleskialberta.
To volunteer on the hill with practices, course maintenance or club competitions you need to have insurance-click this link to take you to the insurance http://freestyleskialberta.
4 EASY STEPS TO REGISTER
Step 1- Get Your Alberta Freestyle Membership
Alberta Freestyle Membership Registration – http://freestyleskialberta.
Step 2 – Opens September 11, 2019
Central Alberta Freestyle Ski Club Registration – https://go.teamsnap.com/
Step 3 (Optional)
Alberta Freestyle Volunteer Registration – Parents need to help volunteer on the ski hill – http://freestyleskialberta.
Step 4 (Optional)
Canyon Ski Resort Season Pass – Pre-Sale ends October 1 – https://canyon2.resortstore.
FUNDAMENTALS – Formerly Jumps + Bumps
Ages 5 -12
Requirements: Skis, Flexible Boots, Poles, Helmet
FUNdamentalz introduces freestyle terrain and skills in fun and safe progressions for entry level skiers. Sunday mornings are spent discovering new abilities on the slopes of Canyon Ski Resort in a program that is all about fun. FUNdamentalz is a Freestyle Canada grassroots developmental program, which focuses on allowing athletes to develop their basic freestyle ski skills. It also provides kids with the opportunities to learn and develop their all around ski skills, which are necessary for navigating runs on their own.
Our coaches are trained and passionate about developing well-rounded, confident skiers. Our goal is to show kids their potential and kindle a passion for the sport of freestyle skiing. Along with developing freestyle ski skills, athletes also learn to respect the terrain on which they train and the etiquette required when skiing. And yes, the rumours are true – there is definitely candy on the slopes.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- To provide young skiers with a FUN and challenging introduction to the FUNdamental skills of skiing and each of the disciplines of Freestyle;
- To instill in young skiers an appreciation of the techniques of safe, enjoyable Freestyle skiing;
- To measure skill development and reward the achievement of participants.
Minimum requirements for entry into Fundamentals
- be able to make small linked turns on a green run
- Be able to stand and balance on skis
- 5 years old by the end of the year
Program Fees and Commitments
- Program fee = $300 per athlete
- 10 hours of parent volunteering ($200.00 commitment cheque) per athlete*
- Plus – 1 Bingo/Fundraising commitment ($200.00 commitment cheque) per athlete.*
- Canyon Ski Resort Lift Ticket per session
- CFSA(Canadian Freestyle Ski Association) membership
- *cheques will not be cashed when bingo and volunteer time is completed
- 9 scheduled sessions, weather dependent, guaranteed 26 hour minimum
- Certified coaching at Canyon Ski Resort, starting early December to mid March
- Sundays 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- There will be no sessions on Dec 29, Jan 5, and Feb 16
CAN FREESTYLE STAGE: LEARN TO TRAIN
8 – 13+
Skiers acquire more advanced skiing skills and learn a variety of tricks and spins. Coaches are trained through the NCCP certified SUPERCOACH courses to develop skills in Slopestyle/Terrain Park * Tramp/Acrobatics * Moguls * Skiing * Fitness.
Coaches plan their season to create optimal skill progression and to prepare for club and provincial (Timber Tour) competitions. Athletes and coaches use the Freestylerz Goal book to plan to accomplish personal skills goals. Athletes who master all of the skills in the Goal Book are prepared to succeed in national level events in the future. Coaches will create a Freestylerz report, and training recommendations for skiers at the end of the season.
Program Fees and Commitments
CAN FREESTYLE STAGE: TRAIN TO TRAIN
We are currently in the prosess of bulding a BRAND NEW Can Free program for the 2019/2020 season. Keep an eye on this page for further informaton.